Make learners love your classroom.
Listening and movement activities at-your-fingertips
to help preK – 5 students be more engaged.
Try popular AskMyClass activities. Free forever.
Click, then follow these steps
See what’s included
Instantly change things before you “lose” the class
and create a positive learning environment.
AskMyClass is easy to use
Find activities covering 100s of classroom moments like morning greetings, timers, or mindfulness.
Saying “Alexa, ask my class to… ” has every student tuning in. No need to spend on an Alexa speaker. Download the free Alexa app to a phone/tablet and connect to a bluetooth classroom speaker.
When Alexa speaks, it’s a different voice to yours, so students are more engaged during those minutes and can’t wait for next time.
Each audio activity is designed for thinking, movement, and active listening – no screen means students also use their imagination.
In just minutes, students are re-focused and with repetition they build critical “life skills” like empathy, emotional regulation, and staying on track.
A magic wand to keep learners on-task.
Fully guided research-backed activities means zero training and lesson prep.
“Alexa, ask my class…
1-to-5 minute audio activities made by teachers that start by saying 5 words and fit into any lesson without big changes to your routine.
Your entire class might need a brain break, a small group might do a sharing question, or one student might need additional emotional support.
“It’s a great engagement tool for students. They don’t get sick of hearing Alexa talk like they do me.”
“It’s an extra set of hands in the classroom. A tool that allows teachers to do everything! It takes the stress off your daily activities, it’s great to use in a bind and allows you to organize while students get directions or do an activity”
“It’s been helpful for classroom management purposes, transitions, timers, social emotional regulation, getting our sillies out and mindful moments.”
“It is life changing in the classroom. It is like having another member of the classroom community. With AskMyClass in the classroom students are just more engaged.”
“The students have become more active listeners since bringing in AskMyClass in the room.”
“I can program personalized messages and activities into AskMyClass, my students get really excited about that.”
Reimagine your classroom experience
Upgrading gives you more:
Program personalized messages and activities like spelling tests
Unlock 50+ activities for different moments of the day
Set up a bias-free random student name or small group picker
- Try popular AskMyClass activities. Free forever.
School or District
- Receive a single purchase order for all subscriptions
A vibrant teacher community ready to help
AskMyClass was built with teachers for teachers. Our teacher community from over 35 states care about creating incredible learner experiences and building 21st century skills for their students.
Get your free guide to using Alexa in the classroom
including privacy best practice tips.
What about data and privacy?
Protecting your privacy is fundamental to everything we build. Learn more at our privacy center.
Who created the activities?
All activities have been created by teachers for teachers.
- Alexa is the interactive voice assistant on the Echo speaker, that works just like Siri for Apple. Teachers use the timers, reminders and fact-checks in the classroom, enjoying the convenience of hands-free and screen-free technology that can save a few trips to the laptop.
- AskMyClass are voice apps on Alexa, similar to apps on the App store. They are purpose-built for the classroom with activities like transitions, brain breaks, social-emotional learning and prompts (such as morning greetings and graded writing prompts), all with direct input from current classroom teachers.
- On the AskMyClass site, you can see all of our activities, print classroom posters and personalize for your students. For example, add your class list and have Alexa pick a name at random, or group students.
- Try our free activities.
- The short answer is the Amazon Echo (2nd generation), which has sufficient volume even for large classrooms. But many teachers use the Echo dot and connect it to a bigger speaker by cable or Bluetooth. We also recommend the Alexa remote, which allows the Echo to stay muted, but you can still activate Alexa with the remote, giving you full control and eliminating background noise. Click here for more information on the different speakers.
- Our most popular activities are free forever. Or you can upgrade your AskMyClass account for $20 for one year (subsidized price for individual teachers) to access 70+ activities, add student names to a class picker, and personalize activities for your students. However, if you change your mind once you upgrade, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll give you a full refund. You can also delete your account anytime through our site.
- We’ve made our most popular activities free to use, anytime. Here are the free phrases you can use.
- With an upgraded account for $20 (subsidized price for individual teachers), you have access to all grade-level activities and to our site to personalize for your classroom. Plus we support you with a weekly guide for making the most of Alexa in the classroom. Here’s a comparison between the free versus paid AskMyClass.
- Most activities are for preK and elementary. However, the customization and name picker features are frequently used by middle and high school teachers.
- No, there are no AskMyClass student accounts. Only teachers have accounts.